Affiliates Terms of Service
The following Terms of Service (TOS) apply to your engagement in the Vodien Affiliate Programme. The Vodien Affiliate Programme allows you, as the affiliate, to promote Vodien’s services and receive commissions as set out in this TOS.
The enrolment in the Vodien Affiliate Programme requires an active billing account and the activation of your Affiliate status in the Vodien Billing Site.
As an affiliate of Vodien, you agree to abide the terms and conditions contained in the Affiliates TOS. By having an active affiliate billing account, you have acknowledged and agreed to the terms and conditions, which will end when terminated by either party. Either parties may terminate this agreement with immediate effect at any time, with or without cause. Notice by e-mail, to your e-mail address on our records, is considered sufficient notice for us to terminate the agreement.
In our reasonable opinion, if your affiliate practices violates any aspect of this TOS, we reserve the right to terminate your affiliate account immediately without any prior notice.
If the agreement is terminated due to violation of the Affiliate TOS, you are not eligible to receive any outstanding commission payments.
However, if this agreement is terminated for any other reason, you are only eligible to earn a commission on sales occurred during the term of the agreement.
As a Vodien Affiliate, you agree to the following:
- You are responsible for providing Vodien with the full and correct account information, and ensure that the information is up to date.
- You should not make recommendations or actions to your referrals that may result in potential revenue loss for Vodien.
- You should always act in good faith, to refer customers in good standing and not use unethical marketing practices.
Vodien strictly prohibits affiliates from using spam e-mail and other forms of Internet abuse (including spamming forums, blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other social media outlets) to seek sales. This also consist of spamming Vodien discount/ promotion codes. Any affiliate found to be promoting Vodien using spam will be banned from the program. Any accumulated commissions earned will be void.
Spam is defined as including, but not limited to, the following:
- Electronic mail messages addressed to a recipient with whom the sender does not have an existing business or personal relationship or is not sent at the request of, or with the express consent of, the recipient through an opt in subscription;
- Messages posted to Usenet, forums, Twitter, Facebook, and message boards that are off-topic (unrelated to the topic of discussion), cross-posted to unrelated newsgroups, posted in excessive volume, or posted against forum/message board rules. Be conscious of forum rules! If a forum owner or moderator complains that an affiliate has spammed, the affiliate account may be permanently terminated after investigation.
- Content posted on free blog websites for the sole purpose of keyword spamming or comments posted to legitimate blogs that violate the comment policy of the blog owner.
- Solicitations posted to chat rooms or to groups or individuals via Internet Relay Chat or “Instant Messaging” system;
- Engage in any popup advertisement network activities.
- Affiliate leads generation via any coupon/promo/discount codes is prohibited.
Affiliates who violate any of the following clauses listed below will have all their commissions voided and affiliate account terminated.
- Affiliates are not allowed to use their personal affiliate link to purchase their own hosting plans.
- Affiliates are not allowed to advertise in areas or sections of websites that breach the rules of the displaying site.
- Allowable promotional materials may contain Vodien's trade names, service marks, and/or logos for display on your Affiliate Site. Subject to the terms and conditions hereof, you are granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and download affiliate links and promotional materials for placement on your website for the sole and exclusive purpose of promoting websites owned, operated or controlled by Vodien. In utilising the materials, you agree that you will cooperate fully with us. An affiliate link may only be visually modified with our consent.
- Unsolicited mass e-mail solicitations, online chat postings or any other form of spamming, including newsgroups or otherwise violate the anti-spamming policies of Vodien.
- Provide inaccurate or incomplete information to Vodien concerning your identity, address or other required identifying information.
- Any attempt to cheat, defraud or mislead Vodien in any way.
- Misrepresent to the public the terms and conditions of our sites or your sites.
- Engage in popup advertisement network activities.
You are free to bid on pay-per-click (PPC) networks for keywords related to web hosting with the intent to direct traffic to Vodien. We do NOT allow any brand name / Trademark bidding (Vodien) or Trademark + bidding (i.e Vodien Coupons). Some examples of prohibited keywords:
- "Vodien coupon"
- "Vodien review"
- Vodien would like all referrals are based on pre-existing real business relationships between the affiliates and visitors, and not through a simple Google Search. The coupon codes shared should only be shared personally instead of publishing it on a website. Furthermore, providing the coupon codes on a website that is reached via search engine results for Vodien coupon code is not permitted.
- You are prohibited from bidding on any Vodien and Vodien keywords (example: coupon, etc.) terms on any PPC networks. When setting up the display advertisement in a PPC campaign, it is not permitted to use the display URL "www.Vodien.com" or "Vodien.com", and ad text in a display ad may not contain the "Vodien" trademark. We do NOT allow direct linking from PPC campaigns.
- You, the affiliate, will be an independent contractor of Vodien, and nothing in the Affiliates Terms of Service will create any partnership, joint venture, agency franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between the parties. You will have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations on Vodien's behalf. You will not make any statement, whether on your site or otherwise, that reasonably would contradict anything in the Affiliates Terms of Service. You are not an agent of the Vodien, and Vodien expressly disclaims responsibility for any conduct by you in violation of the Affiliates Terms of Service.
Affiliate Tracking Cookies
Manual Affiliate Tagging
Vodien allows manual affiliate tagging if a referred customer sign up is not tracked by the cookies set via the affiliate link. Manual tagging can only be requested for if the following conditions are met:
- Sign up commission has not been tagged to any other affiliate prior to manual tagging request.
- Manual tagging must be requested within 30 days from the signup date OR payment date.
- Affiliate must provide us with the domain name and invoice number of the requested commission tagging.
All affiliates are paid the following commission rates:
- 20% for basic web hosting, business web hosting and email hosting
- 5% for VPS hosting and dedicated server hosting
Note: Domain Names are not under the affiliate programmes. Affiliate commissions will not be applicable for discounted plans. (Applied with our discount coupons)
Vodien shall pay you a commission for any valid referred sale to Vodien. For a valid referred sale, all of the following are true:
The sale was made through your referral efforts. Any of the following is true:
- At the time of sale, the visitor has an active cookie making you the affiliate who referred them to our website. This is provided that the visitor has not reached our website through a search engine with a search string containing Vodien’s name.
- You claim that you have referred the specific customer no later than 1 month from their order date and we do not have information that attributes the sale to other advertising efforts.
- The visitor you refer does not have an affiliate account with us before.
- The visitor must not use any of Vodien’s discount coupon code.
- The referred sale is for our hosting plans, and does not include sales for add-on services or additional features.
- Hosting accounts that are cancelled by either the customer or by Vodien will not qualify for the affiliate commission
- Hosting plans that are requested for refund or chargeback will not qualify for the affiliate commission
Payment of Commissions
Vodien shall pay all affiliate commissions in the Singapore Currency. Commissions earned for the referred sales will be paid out after a holding period of 60 days. The holding period of 60 days ensures the following:
- All outstanding balances are be paid by the referred customer
- The referred customer does not request for a refund within the 30-days Moneyback guarantee
Vodien provides our affiliates with three payment methods:
- PayPal Transfer
- Bank Transfer
- Offset for outstanding balance
For pay-out of the commissions, a request must be sent out to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are required to provide the necessary details as per the chosen payment method.
For PayPal transfers
For Bank transfers
- Bank Account Name
- Bank Account Number
- Bank Name
- Bank Code
- Branch Code
For Offset of outstanding balance
- Registered email address
- Invoice number
Upon the receipt of a credible complaint, Vodien will investigate the complaint, and if necessary, will then terminate the specific affiliate account identified in the complaint. Termination results in the immediate closure of the affiliate account, the loss of all referrals, and the forfeiture of any unpaid commissions accrued to the account.
Changes to Vodien Affiliate Programme TOS
Vodien reserves the right to alter this TOS at any time. The updated TOS is available on the Vodien website.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL VODIEN BE LIABLE TO THE AFFILIATE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, ANCILLARY, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT AND ALL ITS APPENDICES,
EVEN IF THE AFFILIATE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. VODIEN FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LOSSES OR LIABILITIES RESULTING FROM, BUT NOT LIMITED TO (i) UNAUTHORIZED USE OR MISUSE OF AFFILIATE WEBSITE OR ANY PRODUCT INTERFACES, (ii) FORCE MAJEURE EVENTS (iii) ACCESS DELAYS OR ACCESS INTERRUPTIONS (iv) NON-DELIVERY OF DATA OR DATA MIS-DELIVERY (v) THE INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE.
BOTH PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE CONSIDERATION AGREED UPON BY THE PARTIES IS BASED IN PART UPON THESE LIMITATIONS, AND THAT THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY.
The above stated Terms of Service are correct as of 26th of September 2017.