The Internet has provided people of all ages with a wealth of information and access to a wide variety of items in the world. Through the world wide web, people can purchase items, communicate with others anywhere in the world, review information and an endless other possibilities. Through the web people with access through computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones and other devices. With the convenience that these devices allow people, come potential danger.
The Internet, while a convenient place to find information, can also be a place where criminals can secretly await unsuspecting people and look to create fraud and take their money. There are many ways that criminals can get money from victims. They include phishing, identity theft, malware put on computers and many other tactics that look to con people into giving up money. In addition to techniques that criminals use to gain access to finances, there are a number of other potential problems.
Computer users can also be subject to problems such as being a victims of cyberstalking and cyberbullying. Computer criminals can access personal financial information and even the finances of victims. The danger exists for young and old alike. The way to fight these dangers is through education and prevention. If you know what to look for you can prevent being a victim.
To assist computer users in learning more about the potential dangers of online usage, we have put together the following collection of resources. Please review this information and share with others looking to prevent being a victim. And, enjoy using the Internet safely!
- Phishing Information
- What is Phishing?
- Reporting Phishing and Online Scams
- Identity Theft and Identity Fraud
- Identity Theft and Fraud Information
- Prevent and Report Identity Theft
- Online Scams
- Internet Crime Resource Center
- Online Scams and the Law
- Seven Online Scams and How to Avoid Them
- Malware Consumer Information
- What is Malware?
- What is Spyware?
- Consumer Spyware Guide
- Internet Safety and Cyberstalking
- Cyberstalking and Harassment Laws
- Stop Cyberbullying
- Cyberbullying Information
- Cyberbullying and Violence Prevention
- Dealing With Cyberbullying
- Kids Rules for Online Safety
- Basic Internet Safety
- Kids Online Safety
- Keeping Kids Safe Online
- Information About Internet Safety
- Safety and Prevention Tips for Kids
- Online Safety Tips (PDF)
- Tips for Staying Safe Online