Should I do a domain transfer or data files transfer first?
For safety purposes, it is advisable to transfer your Data files first.
Some of the reasons are as such:
- Domain transfer typically takes up to 3 weeks. (Please refer to our domain transfer process article for further instructions.)
- Your previous hosting company may accidentally terminate your hosting account.
- Some hosting account are linked to their domain. Once the domain is being transferred out, the hosting will automatically malfunction.
Transfer Data Process:
- Backup your files with your current hosting company.
- Have a hosting account with Vodien. You may contact our Sales Department to check what hosting plan suits your needs.
- If you have a hosting plan already, upload the files to the web space. You may refer to our article about uploading files via File Manager or FTP.
- Do a domain transfer.
If you have any difficulty in the transfer process, drop us an email or call us, and we will assist you with the transfer.