With nearly 2.5 million visits worldwide accessing Vodien services, our customers, which include individuals, and businesses large and small, count on Vodien's security and data protection to meet their needs. As a result, security is taken very seriously here at Vodien, and we have developed a system of processes, technologies, and policies to help ensure that your account, and all the data within it, is secure.
Our security practices cover five different areas: Physical Security; Network Security; Server Security; People Security; and Redundancy and Business Continuity.
Our datacenters are in secure facilities that are located in areas with no history of natural disasters such as earthquakes, fires, floods, etc.
- 7x24x365 Security. Our data centers (and your data) are guarded around-the-clock by private security guards.
- Video Monitoring. Each data center is monitored around-the-clock with security cameras.
- Controlled Entrance. Access to the our data centers is restricted, and only pre-authorized personnel can enter.
We protect your websites and data against sophisticated electronic attacks. The following is just an intentional partial, generic description of our full network security practices. If you require further details on our network security, please get in touch with us.
- Control and Audit: All processes are controlled and audited for compliance and quality.
- 128/256-bit SSL. Our products, where possible, support SSL to ensure that data communications are secured.
- Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention System (IDS/IPS): High-performance and certified IDS/IPS protect our network and your data.
As with our network security processes, our server security is tightly regulated. The following is not an exhaustive list of processes that we follow to ensure security on our servers.
- Virus Scanning. Viruses are scanned for and detected using daily updated virus-scanning protocols.
- Hardened OS: Operating systems are hardened for security as vulnerabilities are minimized.
We focus not just on the technology but on people as well. Policies about escalation, management, and daily operations are well-defined to manage security risks.
- Authorisation: Only employees with the required clearance have access to specific servers and racks in our datacenter
- Restriction: Only employees who need access to customers' data (such as for troubleshooting) are given passwords and keys. Any access is logged and passwords are strictly controlled.
- Auditing: Regular audits are conducted on our processes and reviewed by management.
Redundancy and Business Continuity
One of the core principles of our network and infrastructure design is redundancy, because we know that it is not a matter of if, but a matter of when, that hardware fail. As such, we have designed our network and servers with the following in mind:
- Virtualised Architecture: Vodien servers run on a virtualised architecture, meaning that any hardware that do fail, can and will be migrated instantaneously.
- Data Back-ups. Data is backed-up regularly across multiple servers, ensuring an up-to-date copy of data even with hardware failures or disasters.
- Internet Redundancy: Vodien's network is connected to the world through multiple Tier-1 ISPs, ensuring that we don't depend on any single one bandwidth provider.
- Power Redundancy: All of our servers come with power redundancy.
- Redundant Network Devices: Our network makes use of redundant network devices, i.e.switches, routers, gateways, to avoid any single point of failure on our network.
- Geographical Separation: Separate geographic locations for customers who require Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity is available on selected products.
- Fire Prevention: Vodien's datacenters are protected by industry-grade fire prevention and fire control systems.
The areas listed above are brief and generic for security reasons, but we have taken great steps to ensure that our security policies, and architecture are reliable and secure.
For more information about our security here at Vodien, please feel free to contact us.
The above stated Securities Policies are correct as of 10th of December 2016.